Thursday, November 29, 2007

Back in Costa Rica

After a much enjoyed break from the campo life of Costa Rica I was able to make it back to New York for some rest and relaxation. The transition from Costa Rica to New York was more intense then I thought it would be. Primarily because I havent seen alot of my family and friends for well over 9 months. But overall it was amazing to see everyone and as I am here now in Costa Rica, my time in New York served as a great refresher and as well gave me a new perspective between my life in New York and my life in Costa Rica.

Thanksgiving was a great time spent with my family. Of course we had all the mandatory foods and fixins on the table and it was really a special time to spend with my family. The next night was my five year High School Reunion which was definately a blast and as well served as a great opportunity to catch up with people I havent spoken to in a while and as well party with my good friends from back home.

Overall my experience in New York was positive. But it was definately very hard to say goodbye as I didnt spend as much time with certain people as I wanted to, and as well the feeling of comfort from my family and friends at home was very difficult to leave. I could easily see myself sliding back to my ¨normal¨ life as a member of US society, but then again I would be missing out on the amazing opportunity which I have here in Costa Rica. As well I feel connected to my site and the people which I am living with and helping here in Costa Rica and I could not let them down.

So far I have been back in Costa Rica for about 3 days and I am happy to have at least escaped the fierce cold of New York as I went on a 5 mile run in the blistering 90 degrees Fahrenheit mid day heat of Southern Costa Rica. My marathon training is working out well as of right now, but the heat will definately be a huge issue as the training progresses.

Things in my site are going well. I have continued my English Classes and am working to finish things up before I roll out to NY again to celebrate Christmas with my family.

Overall thinga are great and for all of you who I saw in New York over the break it was great to see you and I miss you all everyday.

Much love amd Tuanis,

Rudy

No comments: