Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Costa Rica !

Costa Rica ! That is where I will be starting February 28, 2007 for the next 27 months. It is pretty crazy that this has all finally come together. I began the whole application process December 2005 and finally January 2007 I was fully cleared and offered an assignment.

It has been a long time since I have update my blog, but there simply wasn't much else to interesting going on in my life since the last update. This past November I ran the NYC Marathon and then in December I spent two weeks in Jamaica with some of my friends, just hangin in Negril then living it up for another week in Montego Bay. On the work side of things I have been substitute teaching in NYC, which has been a great experience.

On February 26, I will leave from Westchester County Airport to Washington, DC to head to my staging event. Then two days later we will leave from there to San Jose, Costa Rica.
Right now I am pretty excited about the whole impending experience, while at the same time not looking forward to saying (temporary) goodbye to my family, friends and my overall life here in New York.

Depending on my internet access, hopefully I will be able to update this blog at least once a week with my adventures in Costa Rica. Although my job assignment as a "Rural Community Developer" may not bring me close to local coffee shops with Wi-fi Hotspots, but we'll see.

Anyways that is all for now... Less then two weeks to go.....

No comments: