Monday, July 09, 2007

Fourth of July

This past fourth of July, I spent with 6 other volunteers in PuertoViejo de Talamanca on the Carribean cost of Costa Rica. Overall it was a really fun and great to get to the beach and relax. It took approximately 10 hours to get there but it was definately worth it. The vacation was filled with good food, good music, and great times on the beach. We stayed at a hotel 100 meters from the beach. Bill and I shared a room with Full sized bunkbeds which were awesome and really comfortable. The town of Puerto Viejo is a cool hip town with a strong Afro Carribean feel to it. It is kind of like the ¨Jamaica¨ of Costa Rica in a way. We went to alot of different restaurants including one with a live calypso band. As well we went out at night to a couple of clubs and broke it down on the dance floor. Overall it was a great time.

Right now I am back at my site, just living life. It is still the Mid-year 2 week break for the school right now so I still have one more week free before I start up my English classes again. My interviews in the community are coming along slowly but surely. I am definately more and more becoming comfortable in my site. Nothing too crazy to report regarding my site, just the usual million animals all over the place and the constant feeling of living in a jungle.

Thats pretty much it for now. If you ever feel bored write me an email or send me a letter. I have plenty of time on my hands here in rural Costa Rica.

Keep it real. Tuanis.

Rudy

No comments: